The RBC is committed to protecting your privacy and is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act") as well as other applicable laws protecting privacy.
- The kinds of personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- How you may seek access to, correction or removal of the personal information we hold; and
- How you may contact us.
Any personal information you provide will be used for the purposes of participating in the Bushfire Resilience and Energy Efficiency Home Retrofit Pilot Program. RBC intends to publish a report describing or summarising the information provided. The report will not mention your name but may include information which could reasonably be used to identify you, such as site maps and images of your home. The report will be shared with government agencies and other third parties, and may be published on our website and social media.
Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect:
- to contact you in response to a query you have made;
- to assist in providing the services you request;
- to provide you with information relevant to your assessment, such as seasonal reminders to keep your assessment up to date, disaster, disaster and other information relevant to your community and home and information about government grants and other financial assistance that may be available to you;
- to assist you following a disaster and disaster recovery efforts that affect you or your community; and
- for the purposes of research and preparing reports, trends and statistics
Your privacy is important to us and we will only email you if we think it is relevant to you.
Disclosure of Information
We do not share your personal data with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing or advertising.
However, we may disclose your personal information in instances such as:
- Where you have consented to such disclosure;
- Within RBC, including to our employees and related body corporates;
- With contractors and affiliated organisations (where they need to know information in order to provide services offered by RBC);
- Where the purpose of the disclosure is related to the primary purpose for which we collected the information and you would expect the information to be disclosed for that purpose;
- where we have indicated we may disclose such information; or
- where we are legally obliged to disclose such information.
If we disclose your information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure the receiving party protects your information in the same way we do.
Your consent to provide personal information to third party banks and insurers
Your phone and email contact details will not be provided to third parties, and they will not contact you directly unless you specifically consent to be contacted by these third parties, through future communications with RBC.
The data that RBC provides to the third parties on your behalf, will be destroyed by the third parties after their analysis is complete. If you are an existing customer of the third party, they will continue to hold the data that you previously provided to them directly.
In future, you may wish to provide your Bushfire Reslience Rating home assessment and Residential Efficiency Scorecard data directly to the third party, and it may be held under their privacy guidelines. This process must be confirmed in subsequent communications and privacy agreements, directly with the third party.
I consent to the Resilient Building Council (RBC) or any person acting on their behalf to interview me, make transcripts of the interviews and/or film, take photographs, pictorial and/or audio recordings of me and/or my home in any medium on:
I agree that RBC and its government, community and industry partners, including but not limited to the Australian Government (NEMA), NRMA Insurance, BlueScope Steel and National Australia Bank (NAB), can use, reproduce, publish, communicate or broadcast the material in any form - including in a website, digital or printed publication, presentation, advertising material, social media content - for informational or promotional purposes. I acknowledge that RBC owns copyright in the material.
I may request removal of the material from marketing materials and/or request no future use be made of the material by contacting the RBC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I agree that the following information about me can be included with the material: